I would like to wish a Happy Mother's Day to all!!! This post is dedicated to my mom, Rosemary!
As you may or may not know, my mom and I didn't have the best relationship when I was growing up. We clashed quite a bit. As I grew older and wiser, I started to see why she was the way she was.
Now that I am grown up and have a family of my own, I completely see why she didn't like some of my friends, why I couldn't go driving around with my friends, why I had to eat my veggies, why I had to do chores, why I had to use my manners and treat others with respect.
My mom is who I call when one of the girls are sick. I call her if one of the girls is being difficult. I know she has been through it before and knows exactly what to do. Sometimes I just call her to check in. No real reason!
My mom is absolutely crazy about Emily and Megan and they are crazy about her. They almost always call Grandma Rosie on Tuesday nights while American Idol is on to talk about their favorite singer!
We don't get to see my mom (& dad) as often as we would like but cherish the times when we are together.
Mom, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for everything you have done for us. We love you!!! YYYY
Such a nice post! It's amazing how the relationship changes when we have children of our own. Pretty incredible. Enjoy the day!
ReplyDeleteAwwww, very sweet post!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post. Aren't moms the best? =0) Hope you had a lovely moms day.
ReplyDelete