We left the message boards and continued to email and call each other. Last summer we decided emails and telephone conversations weren't cutting it, we needed to meet. Luckily all our husband's were on board with this meeting, even though I am sure they all thought we were crazy going to a big city to meet people we have never before met in person!
Soooooo.....
I flew here...
There was never a dull moment. The first night we ate dinner at PF Changs then walked around the city for awhile. Then we went back to our rooms and chatted until we couldn't chat anymore.
The second day we did the touristy things. Went to Navy Pier, took a boat tour, shopped, went to the American Girl Doll store, swam in the roof top pool of our hotel, had dinner then went to the theater to see Wicked!
The weekend wasn't long enough. Lots of talking, laughing and getting to know each other better. We vowed to take a Chick trip every summer until we are old and grey!!! We were even going to get t-shirts made of the places we visit together!!!
This year due to all our busy schedules, we could not get together and we are all very disappointed. This means next summer's trip is going to be the best one yet!
I love my chicks and am so thankful they are in my lives!!! I know they are always there for me and I am always there for them!!!
Love you chicks!!!
I posted a comment about an hour ago. What happened to it? Weird.
ReplyDeleteHard to believe you can bond so much with people through a computer. It amazes me every day. I am so proud of our friendship and value it SOOOO much.
Your pictures make me want to have that weekend all over again! SO MUCH FUN! I thought about it yesterday because I left a day early to meet you guys (stayed at my aunts one night) and we had a huge storm before we left and a plane crashed in town at the airport. All the news stations were talking about the year anniversary. Although I felt sad for those that died in that crash, I smiled remembering that a year ago I had one of the best weekends EVER!
Love you, girl!
awww shucks!! I LOVE you ladies!
ReplyDelete