Megan has already gone through the lunch calendar for the month and checked off the days she is packing. Only 12 days, much better than last year. Megan also announced I am "allowed" to pack peanut butter sandwiches for her instead of hot soup in a thermos. I can also pack the square pieces of ham like Debbie (our sitter) gets, if we can find it.
Emily is in 4th grade this year. Her last year in elementary school. It is very hard for me to believe she will be 10 years old in two months. Fourth grade "rules" the school! They are the oldest and the coolest kids (or at least they think they are). Emily's has two teachers this year. One of them works in the morning and the other takes over in the afternoon. The teachers happen to be the same teachers Emily had in second grade. They are wonderful and we are all excited!
Megan is in 2nd grade. There is a big difference in Megan's confidence between first grade and second grade. She now know what to expect. Megan thinks she is very lucky this year because she knows a lot of the 4th graders and they will say hi to her when they see her!!! It's funny how the kids think! Megan's excited about her teacher too! I have not had any experience with Megan's teacher but her reputation is she is a very caring and loving teacher. We are excited to get to know Megan's teacher and see how Megan's knowledge grows!
I promised the girls if they got up and ready this morning without any issues I would take them to Pizza Hut for dinner to use their book it coupons from last year. The coupons are for a free personal pan pizza. The bribe worked because they were both angels!!! They didn't even complain too much when they had to pose for the yearly first day of school pictures in front of the tree out front!! We each had a personal pan pizza for dinner!
Here are some pics in random order...
So exciting...it wears off about day 4, I think! Ha!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear things went so smoothly. Awesome.
I miss Pizza Hut. Our burned down and they never rebuilt. Very sad.