Megan was at a slumber party on July 3rd. We originally though the party was on the 4th, not the 3rd. It was weird being at our friends house and the fireworks without her. I was sad. Ron and I hunted Megan down at the fireworks and she greeted me with a huge hug which is just what I needed.
The fireworks were awesome! I sat by Ron and Emily. I loved watching Emily's reactions. A few times I teared up wanting to be able to see Megan's reactions to the display.
Both girls have already been told no slumber party on fireworks night next year!!!
----------------------------------------------------------
After years of talking about it, this year we decided to sign up for the Vandalia Freedom Tour. We did the family bike ride which was 5 miles around the local neighborhood. The weather was beautiful and we did the "tour" with some good friends of ours.
When we got done with the bike ride, all the riders met up at the sports complex for lunch and door prizes for the kids. It was a lucky day for the Allen girls!
Emily won a $50 certificate to a local bike shop.
Are you kidding? You won both of those? That is so awesome! You lucky dog, you! Woo Hoo!
ReplyDeleteI took some shots of the fireworks. Man am I a novice! Ha! I am scared to pull them up on the computer.
I love that shot of the family from behind on their bikes. Sweet!
Happy 4th my dear friend!