Saturday, January 31, 2009

Out of retirement...

Today we brought my beloved Yankee Clipper sled out of retirement. My parents have saved it all these years and recently gave to me to use as a winter decoration on the porch.

Once we arrived at the hill, I rubbed some snow on the blades to get the little bit of rust off. I then debated whether or not the old sled had a weight limit since I weigh a little more than I did 25 years ago (wow, that makes me sound really, really old).

I went for it! It worked. Actually, it worked AWESOME because the snow on the hill was packed down and had a lot of ice! I flew.

I finally convinced the girls to try it. They were hestitant. They flew and I didn't get another chance to get on it the rest of the time!

The old sled was the topic of many conversations. Mainly by people my age or around my parents age. They remember having an "old fashioned" sled or remembering thier kids having one.




Can't wait until we get to use the sled again!

1 comment:

  1. I bet it was the talk. Did you spray Pam on it? Ha! A piece of cardboard works great they say too....I think when snow is as packed as it is on a sledding hill, about anything works! Including your shoes.

    ReplyDelete