Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother’s Day 2010

Yesterday was Mother’s Day! 

The girls brought home gifts for me from school.  Megan had to give one to me right away because it was “too hard to hide”.

Mother's Day 2010 026 

Emily was very disappointed how her gift to me turned out.  This is made of plaster.  I think it’s especially great because I know this is probably the last year she will make a gift for me at school. 

Mother's Day 2010 036

Once Megan saw how excited I got over the flower, she wanted to give me the other present she made.

Mother's Day 2010 018

I pick a flower a day for a favor from Megan!

Megan also drew a picture of the two of us.

Mother's Day 2010 023

My plan was to sleep in, stay in my jammies all day, not brush my teeth ( I know, I know), not put my contacts in, and not have face to face interaction with anyone who doesn’t live in our house!

Here is what really happened…

I was up with a sinus headache around 6:45 a.m.  I did manage to stay in my jammies until about 1:00 and I did NOT have face to face interaction with anyone besides Ron and my babies!  Not too bad!!!

As soon as Megan woke up she had me pick a flower from my card.  Megan has to set the table for a week!

I knew I needed to go to the rec center but really didn’t feel like it.  Instead Emily and I went on a bike ride!  The weather was chilly but good for a long ride.  We went about 7 miles.  Not the longest but longer than we thought we could do!

Once we returned home Ron and I took the girls to play some softball.  In the beginning Megan wasn’t in the mood to be  practicing so she chased a moth around the outfield.  It was actually incredibly cute.  I really wish I had brought my camera.

After softball we went home and I planted some pumpkin and sunflower seeds.  I am not counting on them growing but it would be really cool if they did!

Then we had dinner.  Megan had to set the table because of the favor flower I picked. Brats on the grill and misc. side dishes!  Very yummy!

After dinner the girls drew pictures for me on the sidewalk.

Mother's Day 2010 006

Mother's Day 2010 008

Mother's Day 2010 013

IT WAS A PERFECT DAY!!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad your day was so perfect! We only get one a year, ya know. :)

    Your supper on the grill is making me hungry. I haven't had brats on the grill in a very long time.

    Happy Mother's Day sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww...why didn't Em like her gift to you? I think it's beautiful! Love that Meg's flower basket was filled with things she has to do for you - great idea! Sounds like it was a great day!

    ReplyDelete