Saturday, January 23, 2010

Megan Instructional Basketball

This year Megan is doing instructional basketball through the city Parks and Rec. department.  The Butler boys high school are the instructors for the program.  


The kids break up into several different groups and each group goes to a different station.  The stations are basic drills such as running and dribbling, lay-ups, one on one, etc.  After each group finishes each station they play a 3 minute game to get the kids used to the concept of basketball.



The first two weeks it was rough getting Megan to be excited (even though she is the one who wanted to be signed up).  Megan didn't know what to expect and didn't want to wake up early and get out of her warm bed to go.  We stuck to our guns and forced her to get dressed and participate.  First week she sat on the bleachers and watched while pouting.


Last week we got to the gym a few minutes early and Megan and I shot some baskets together. Meg participated in the instructional part but not the games at the end.


This week Meg set her alarm to get up early and did not put up a fight!!!  We left for the gym early and shot some baskets before everyone else arrived.  Megan was much more relaxed during the drills and did a great job!  She still didn't do the games at the end but that's ok since she did the drills.  Maybe next week!


Dribbling with TWO balls!


 Doing a lay-up.




2 comments:

  1. She NEEDS to play basketball! Look how she towers over that little blonde girl!! She will destroy her one day!!

    I almost bought you a Jets football today but could not find one. They had every other team in the play offs, but not the Jets or Vikes. Annoying.

    Glad to hear things went so smoothly this morning. She must have just needed some time to get used to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOth girls tower. I will have to scan their team pictures and post them. It's funny how tall they are compared to EVERYONE!!!

    Sucks there were no Jets or Vikings footballs. I thought I would be able to find more stuff and can't. Cna't believe I forgot to buy myself a Jets shirt while in NJ! Oh well, next time!!! Thanks for thinking of me!!!

    ReplyDelete